2005 Seadoo Utopia - water flowing back through the water (hose) connector while driving

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Quela Utopia

Can someone explain why water was filling through the hose connection port while driving? The boat took on ton of water and was not cooling. the over temp alarm did not sound as well. help! thanks :)

because its tapped into the cooling system right between the pump and head. That fitting needs to be capped when running.

Thanks Tony,

the fitting has a quick connect on it. its located in the aft starboard side of the boat. Would that mean the engine was not cooling properly?

I just took over the boat after my father passed away and figuring out how it was left. ]

A quick connect fitting wasn't a factory part... so someone added that. If it's leaking... yes.. you were losing cooling water, and you could potentially overheat. BUT... worse... you could sink if you get enough water in the hull. I would remove it, and put a fitting at can seal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back