2005 seadoo RXT questions

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

aaronrich17

hello everyone, just recently joined this forum. 2 stroke guy switched over to 4 stroke. I just recently purchased an 05 RXT with rather high hours (300) for 3K. I was slightly iffy at first until I met up with the guy, who also has an 07 RXT, 05 RXP and also two other newer SC skis. when we met up he handed me multiple receipts adding up to slightly over 4K in maintenance, rebuilds etc done by a well known shop in my area. just about everything that tends to fail on these skis has been corrected, besides the exhaust valve issue. was wondering how difficult/ expensive they are to replace and also any other tips you guys might have? thanks in advance!

If I remember correctly the figure quoted me was $550 ballpark for the exhaust valve update.
Its was one of the reason's I was motivated to purchase an 08 model instead.

I think Spim is close to correct. The sad part is, they may never fail. But if they do, your will easily be into the THOUSANDS of dollars. So, it does pay to replace them.

Thanks guys for the fast responses! Also is that $550 for a shop to also install or just for the updated valves? And could I potentially just buy a performance exhaust and avoid having to replace my valves?

Thanks guys for the fast responses! Also is that $550 for a shop to also install or just for the updated valves? And could I potentially just buy a performance exhaust and avoid having to replace my valves?

No a performance exhaust wouldn't solve the issue with the exhaust valves. The valves are in the head of the engine. If I remember correctly Supertech sells a valve kit that comes out to be cheaper and also an upgrade. Unless you only replace exhaust valves and not the intake valves.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back