2005 SeaDoo RXP 4-Tec Speedometer Gauge Console cluster Sun damaged repair

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

danysony

Hi.MY name is Danny and I just bought a 2005 Seadoo RXP that has the cluster gauge damaged by the sun.I saw some posting that the polarized film can be changed,but my question is how you open the cluster nicely without braking the glass ?Thank you

Attachments

• s-sun damaged.jpg
    s-sun damaged.jpg
    169.7 KB · Views: 17
Take a dremel and buy one of those metal cutoff wheels for it. You must cut it around the middle of the black case. You'll have to get polarizing film and apply it at a certain angle. You'll have to power the unit on with the old film off and apply hold the new film in front of it to see the angle at which you have to glue it on. Then you'll cut it out and glue it on like that. I used epoxy to glue mine back together. Likewise, you can use plastic weld or any other suitable means of adhesion. Check out my 4tec Upgrade thread, I had to do it to my cluster. It's toward the end.

Right along the middle of the black part. Sorry, I don't have the pics, they're on another PC that I need to hook up. I recall there were some screws in the rear too that needed to be removed. Be very careful with the needles, as they're very fragile. Pry them up with something and don't let them spring off and fall to the ground. That's how I broke one. Buy the polarizer sheets online. You'll have to power the unit on to see which way you must orient it before you cut it out. Make sure you get all the glue off your LCD screen with solvent. I believe I used epoxy to glue mine back together. Still working to this day. My gauge was from 04 but works like new now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back