2005 Seadoo GTX 4TEC Supercharged noise

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jbchancellor15

Hey! I just bought two 2005 Seadoo GTX 4TEC Superchargeds from a guy offline. He said one ran fine and the other was knocking. He told me that the one that knocks had busted some seal and leaked all the oil out the last time he rode it. He said when he got to the trailer it was ticking but he loaded it up and took it to a shop to get that seal repaired. Said the leak was from some seal on the crankshaft. Well the mechanic put it back together and ran it for about 20 minutes and it started knocking. He hasn’t ran that ski since then. I got it home yesterday and my dad and I was tinkering with both of them. I cranked it up to see where the knock was coming from so I could get some kind of idea what was going on. When it started up, it rattled/knocked for the time from when it initially fired off to the time it reached Idle rpms. From there it sounded and ran fine. Any of y’all have any ideas what could be going on? I’m new to jet skis and want to learn to work on mine myself Some. Thanks for any help!

Probably has a bad bearing for sure. Oil pressure builds quickly in the first couple of seconds after startup and the knock might appear to go away due to full oil flow by then. If it were mine I'd certainly pull the motor and check the bearings and both oil pumps. You might even get away with just doing bearings and have a perfectly good machine after that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back