2005 Seadoo GTI LE RFI does not crank

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

cautuan

I have a 2005 GTI LE RFI that never failed to start until July 4th
when I had friends came over to ride the jetski. It was embarassing. All
I could get was a click sound when I hit the start button. Battery is fully charged.
I short the starter relay with the screw driver but no cigar, just dead silent.
Could this be a bad starter? Please help. Note. I am not a mechanic so if you reply,
please try to provide some details. Thank you.

JT

It could be a bad starter... but it could be other things.

Just because you charged the battery, doesn't mean it's good? Did you check it? Put a meter on it, and try to start the engine. The voltage should stay around 11v. If it drops more than that... it's not going to start.

Did you try to turn the engine by hand? The pump could be locked up. Remove the sparkplugs, and cover at the rear of the engine... that turn the PTO by hand. It should move without too much effort.

Speaking of that... did you try to remove the sparkplugs, and crank it?

I saw this exact same reply in other threads. Looks like an auto reply.

I used the mechanic stethoscope and was able to determine the click
comes from the starter relay. Should I replace it?

You should get a click from the starter relay, you can short across the two big terminals at the top to test the solenoid.

The reply sounds auto because this is a common problem. If you don't want to follow Doc's advice it's up to you, but he's one of the best guys on this forum.

Lou

Thanks Lou. I agree with you, Doc is one of the best. His advice is very helpful.
Any way, I did what you said, short across the two big terminal but got nothing.
Nothing means no click, no crank, nada. What you suggest I should do next?

I saw this exact same reply in other threads. Looks like an auto reply.

I used the mechanic stethoscope and was able to determine the click
comes from the starter relay. Should I replace it?

And with that answer... you won the "Good luck fixing your ski" award.

If you aren't going to try what we suggest... then there is n reason to waste my time. :thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back