2005 Sea Doo Sportster LE speed increase

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Photog_Shooter

Hey guys, first post here. Is there any way to increase the top speed of a 2005 Sea Doo Sportster LE? I'm getting around the 48-50 mph mark, which is great, but I was just curious if there was a way to get that higher. Maybe with some aftermarket parts for example. Not looking to spend a ton for some barely there speed increase though, more looking for the most bang for the buck type thing. Thanks!

Hey guys, first post here. Is there any way to increase the top speed of a 2005 Sea Doo Sportster LE? I'm getting around the 48-50 mph mark, which is great, but I was just curious if there was a way to get that higher. Maybe with some aftermarket parts for example. Not looking to spend a ton for some barely there speed increase though, more looking for the most bang for the buck type thing. Thanks!
What is the RPM when it reaches max spead?

The answer was Yes until I read the "not a lot of money" part. All easy gains have already been done by the manufacturer on these boats. You can get a higher pitched impeller and stainless wear ring, and probably get a few mph. That'll only run you about $400. I dropped a supercharged 4tec into my Challenger (same hull) and got it up to 55mph, but it would tend to chine walk and get all crazy. I recall I never kept it at that speed long because of that. I've got a video of it on youtube somewhere. That hull is not designed to go much over 50.

A prop can gain you mph but it will cost out if the hole power. That is going to be the cheapest mph per $ but still a trade off

If you're getting 48 to 50 mph from a single 951 you should jump for joy. Just for kicks, you got 50 mph on GPS or Speedo?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back