2005 RXT No Spark.

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shortedout96

A little back ground on my RXT. A bit over 5 years ago I stopped to eat a bite and had ski beached, got on it an realized it was under water more than it should be. Started it and got it to ramp and loaded it up. Got it home went to start it, not knowing start before water, hydrolocked it and popped timing chain (motor needed rebuilt anyways) also not knowing had jumped it at time with plugs out to pump water out of cylinders was a bad thing. Fast forward to now, rebuilt motor and put it in this weekend. Hooked everything up. Went to fire it and nothing, getting no spark to any of cylinders. I am getting fuel but seems odd that all the injectors spray at same time. I put a cam sensor in from buddies GTX made no difference.

So far I tried two sets of plugs
Different cam sensor
Checked voltage at connector to coil (12v Constant)
Did some pin checks at the ECU plug
No blown fuses Mpem

I do not want to buy a bunch of parts that won’t make a difference, tried searching web and various forums with not a ton of luck, also if there is anybody that is good with these near Farmington MO and I would be willing to pay them to look at it.

Thanks
Adam

You need to check all the wiring (shorts to ground and ohm value) between the MPEM and the coils and the injectors. Then you need to check the other side of the coil and injector circuits that go to the ECU. The ECU provides the ground circuits to the coils and injectors. If you have all three injectors firing at the same time, that's an ECU issue. However, if the wiring (ground circuits) to the injectors are picking up voltage from another source (electrical short), that could be the source of the completed circuit.

If you disconnect connector A at the ECU do the injectors stop spraying fuel? If they do, the ECU is the problem.

Again, make sure there are no shorts in the wiring before you replace the ECU; shorts can fry the ECU.

Ok. The problem is the ECU.
I just came inside, I have constant 12 volts to coils at the connectors to the coils all the time as well, I ohmed out all the A&B connector pins to positive and none of they appear to have stray voltage guess I will locate an ECM Thanks for the help

You have 12 VDC to the coils when the key is off the post? That's a separate issue. That also means the MPEM is always on, and that will drain the battery.

Sent ECU off, they checked it out, said it checked good. I checked continuity between A20 and A34 had nothing, not sure if when checking it that I should have it touched to wrench to get continuity or not tried both ways. SoI the put a paper clip between Pin 1&2 in CAPS sensor connector and got continuity A-34 & A-20. Thinking maybe bad connector but not sure, tried to bend pins in sensor to hopefully make a connection but that did not work.

Really! Where did you send it to? What "check" did they perform? Did you tell them what your issue was? I'll refer you to pages 115 and 116 of the 2005 shop manual.

What are you looking at the camshaft position sensor? Do you have a DTC that says the sensor is bad? The four primary inputs for fuel injection are crankshaft position, manifold temp, manifold pressure, and throttle position. See pg 75.

Sent ECU off, they checked it out, said it checked good. I checked continuity between A20 and A34 had nothing, not sure if when checking it that I should have it touched to wrench to get continuity or not tried both ways. SoI the put a paper clip between Pin 1&2 in CAPS sensor connector and got continuity A-34 & A-20. Thinking maybe bad connector but not sure, tried to bend pins in sensor to hopefully make a connection but that did not work.
having same problem on my 2005 rxp , did you determine cause and repair?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back