2005 RXP Error Code P-0339

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

bigchees30586

Hi Guys,

I am new to this forum so firstly thanks to anyone who takes the time to reply to my post.

I have a seadoo RXP (2005). Over the last eyar or so I have had a host of problems with it. Having replaced the temp. sensor, the battery, the starter solenoid, the head gasket cover.....I thought it might now be ready to go. It was starting fine, turning over fine out of water.

So yesterday I took it down and launched it, it ran ok for 5 mins or so, hitting almost top speed. As i came back to shore and slowed down it cut out a couple of times when idling. It then struggled to re-start, eventually when we lifted the backside a few inches out of the water it got going.

It ran for a few more mins before the check engine warning appeared. The error code coming up is P-0339. Now I know this is an error with the Crank sensor, and I found some info which helps identify possible fixes. Please see the attached sheet.

However, the problem is that I'm not entirely mechanically minded and to be honest I am struggling to figure out how to check for the possible problems listed on the attachment.

I don't have an engine schematic to show me where the terminal numbers are either, and couldn't find one online.

If anyone is familiar with the engine, or has experienced the problem before, perhaps you could assist me, in simple terms, on how to proceed?

The work done to replace the head gasket was done my a mechanic who removed the whole engine from the shell of the ski. I am wondering if it is perhaps a timing problem between the crank shaft and cam shaft?

Any help is appreciated.

Regards,

Graeme

Attachments

• 4-TEC-DIAGNOSTIC-PROCEDURES.pdf
    33.2 KB · Views: 44
Hello I'm new here also..

Just want to ask what kind of motor your SeaDoo has? Is it Rotax V2 engine or?
I have a motorcycle with that engine (V990 rotax) and got the same fault code P 0339, A 12.
According to self diagnosis of the bike the crank sensor made of Bosch was faulty.

Best regards,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back