2005 GTX Suddenly randomly loses total power intermittently

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

SeaDoo Boater

2005 GTX SC running great previously and now, Im completely losing power to the ski. I popped seat over off, felt around the connections... and randomly the ski would read/accept the key.

All wires seems secure. Nothing broken/corroded. Cant be the battery - it's passing its load test and it's relatively new. Hidden wire? MPEM?

Is it possible by DESS post went bad? How would I test this?

Frustrated a bit. Had the hose split a few weeks ago, now this. Cant seem to get on the water.

I would think or try replacing the main relay inside the fusebox , they seem to fail now and then.

Apologies - Got the issue to go away! Did some electrical contact spray on the harness and MPEM, secured the MPEM (the two bolts securing the MPEM to the bracket had loosened so it was a bit rattle-y) and tightened the cables on the relay.

All good now.

My 2005 gtx is doing the same. Will not start/turn over at times, but if you pull off and reattach the key enough times, it will. Battery tests fine, switched out one from other workng seadoo to make sure. No visible issues with key, battery connections good. I have read this may be bsd starter relay?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back