2005 gtx sc

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cpt Momo

Hello 4TEC riders

New to the 4TEC and I saw GTX SC with a smoking price tag that I can't miss. I'm 2 stroke rider so the 4TEC is whole new breed to me and would appreciate the tips.

Let me tell you, the first 4TEC I ever look into and it crazy how much compartments it has ... specially the cooler in the front! Compartments every where!

Obvious problems was "sensor" code and (according to owner) pump seal

It fires right up and the owner didn't mind taking it for a test drive tomorrow morning.

He did say the Supercharge won't work if the seal need replacing. It's a salt water ski and I don't mind since I'll be riding it in salt water

Things to point out:

The engine bay has white spots in it so I'm assuming some water was getting in there?? is that from the pump seal? Though he says it doesn't take water and is willing to take it for a test drive. He just said I never wash it the engine bay.

The pump housing came with two versions. Can someone explain the difference?

Update crank shaft?

About The ceramic washers on those pre 2008 4TEC . I couldn't find it in rhe diagram. Can someone explain it for me and what needs to be done?

how can I find put about the sensor codes? Which one to replace?

Anything I should look into?

Last edited by a moderator:
you will need to have your supercharger rebuilt cannot take a chance with ceramic washer shrapnel going into your engine . Pwc Muscle can rebuild your supercharger they even have how to videos . as far as codes you will need candoo pro . or candoo home edition to get the fault codes.

1) rebuild the supercharger for sure right after you buy it, not after a few rides, immediately.

2)check the motormounts (try to wiggle the engine) < saw 3 in a row with failed MM's, which can lead to carbon seal leakage/failure

3)check for rust on the driveshaft, indicates that water has gotten in. < see above.

4)assume that the intercooler ($400) will need replacing sooner rather than later, replaced the original on my 08 at 190 hours as a preventative.

5)is the gauge cluster clear and readable? they are $350 to replace.

6)exhaust valves are out of date and prone to failure, there's another $400 ish. (one of the reason's I bought an 08 was to avoid this issue, but my ski still needed items 1-4 on the list)

7)check for rust on hose clamps, make sure steering is smooth, check for rust or fraying on cables, install a bilge pump.

8)get a handle on what specific oil has been used and when oil change was last completed.

9 if you will be on heavy chop and in the ocean a Blowoff valve might be a good idea, along with a water strainer.

10 inspect the trailer (assuming there is one) carefully for rust, sagging bunks, broken lights, worn tires. assume bearings are overdue, and if there isn't one, buy a spare tire or better yet two new tires and keep the best one from the originals as a spare if you buy the same size, oreven better yet upgrade the tires to some fatties and get a matching spare.

Have I found a way to double the cost of the ski yet? :) :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back