2005 GTX SC - Rebuilt supercharger - no power

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
First post on here but I am lost and need some direction. Couldn't find anything in the search. I have a 2005 SeaDoo GTX SC 185hp. I have next to no experience with these 4 stroke engines. I purchased this Ski a month ago with 85 hours and it was in perfect working order. I noticed that I was losing power when I was trying to accelerate and I could only top out around 48 mph then my speed would start to fall. No I was not using the learner key. I went and sent the SC to PWC muscle for a full rebuild. I just reinstalled everything and now I have no power at all. The thing fires up and idles fine on the lift but as soon as I throw it in the water it has trouble idling and cannot get on a plane at all like it is in limp mode. Dealer is booked out for 2 months so I am looking for some guidance elsewhere.

First post on here but I am lost and need some direction. Couldn't find anything in the search. I have a 2005 SeaDoo GTX SC 185hp. I have next to no experience with these 4 stroke engines. I purchased this Ski a month ago with 85 hours and it was in perfect working order. I noticed that I was losing power when I was trying to accelerate and I could only top out around 48 mph then my speed would start to fall. No I was not using the learner key. I went and sent the SC to PWC muscle for a full rebuild. I just reinstalled everything and now I have no power at all. The thing fires up and idles fine on the lift but as soon as I throw it in the water it has trouble idling and cannot get on a plane at all like it is in limp mode. Dealer is booked out for 2 months so I am looking for some guidance elsewhere.

Check clamps on the SC to TB hose connections.

I originally thought that was the issue becuase the first time I hooked it up it blew off the hose clamp. I replaced the clamp thinking that would help and the problem actually became worse... stumped on how hooking up the SC to TB hose would make the problem worse.

Change plugs, as mentioned.

Ensure there's no old fuel in the tank or lines. Flush if required.

Replace fuel filter(s) and air filter.

Check ALL clamps, not just the SC ones. ALL intake and exhaust clamps. I/C clamps. So on and so forth.

Clean injectors.

All good advice above.

Had the ski been sitting a long time?

What kind of rpms are you seeing?

I am a big fan of seafoam, I run it through every third tank or so on my skis and motorcycles. You might try putting a full can in your tank then run the ski on the hose long enough to get it into your tb and injectors, then let it sit a few days. It dissolves gum and varnish.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back