2005 3d overheating

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

trink2030

Hello out there, great site! Have been viewing for quite a while and 'finally' ran into an issue today with overheating.

Seems to cool fine when I have the freshwater washout hooked up, but as soon as I set her in the water it starts to overheat and doesn't ''pee'' out the side anymore. While looking at the motor head, there are 3 ports...1 on the left and 2 on the right. I took all the tubes that come off the head off and blew air through them to ensure they weren't clogged. Seems the 1 on the left goes to the exhaust jacket, the top right goes to the freshwater cleanout and the bottom left goes to the 'normal' intake that is located inside the rear unit.

I'm confused as to what the cooling issue could be here and any help would be appreciated. All I'm doing now is replacing plastic exhaust parts that are burning holes.

Thanks for the help folks.

On a side note...My mechanic and grandfather passed a few years back and I'm sure he's up there laughing at me, just itching to give me a smack to the back of the head and tell me what the issue is.

Thanks for the help Dr. I'm going to move this over the the premium threads as I bought the service manuals this morning and have a few questions on the diagrams.

Thanks!

unscrew the elbows that the hoses are connected to and i bet they are plugged,clean them .put hoses on and try

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back