2004 XP PRO 950 power fluctuation

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Steve Lee

Running very erratic Seems like the accelerator has two settings On or Off .
In between it is all over the place
It can be quite rapid then it stalls
Cleaned the Raves Fuel filter replaced plugs
Still erratic
Where to next
Advice will be much appreciated

sounds like a voltage regulator issue. common failure on the DIs. usually you get a maint or flashing light or limp mode that will come and go as well.

You don't have carbs. The DI is short for direct injection which is a high pressure fuel and high pressure air mixed together and added to the cylinders at the top. It is fuel injected with throttle bodies. Do not go messing around with the throttle bodies as they are very difficult to sync properly and factory settings are good for a lifetime.

Are you sure you have a 2004 xp? Is it red and black or black and yellow? If your avatar is your ski, it's not a 2004 and looks to be a 2000 which is a big difference. Last 2 digits of the HIN will tell you the year.

thanks i believe your right it is yellow black 2001 i shall be more accurate in my descriptions
The power will fluctuate greatly from full on to stall sometime it stalls to an idle then accelerate to 40 -50 k then die

Yes your right just down loaded the manual it has carbs?So where to from here . I feel to dismantle carbs and re gasket them and clean them

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back