2004 Sportster ignition problem

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gudlyf

About a month ago I replaced the battery, plugs, starter solenoid, oil, oil filter. Worked fantastic for weeks. Today, after a week of non-use, I tried to start her up, and I get nothing. Key beeps, fuel pump I can hear engage, but pressing the starter, the solenoid doesn’t give that failure “click”, and shorting it with pliers does turn the engine over. But there’s no tell-tale “click” telling me the solenoid is somehow bad. Checked the 3 fuses near the battery, then the two closest to the solenoid — all good. I feel like this is a fuse issue but maybe I’m missing one somewhere. Lots of rain recently, so the bilge had been going off for sure but definitely charged enough since shorting the solenoid works. Is there more than those 3 fuses near the battery and 2 near the solenoid that I’m missing? Something else? Thanks!

Update: I’m an idiot. It looks like taking the cover off shifted the thing out of neutral, so the neutral safety was engaged and not sending power to engage the solenoid. :facepalm:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back