2004 Sportster 4tec exhaust

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Srt

I have a relatively new to me 2004 sportster 4tec. I finally have it running pretty well, but the exhaust sound is bothering me. It's very loud, especially at low speeds when the droning can be painful to hear. Were these things loud from the factory? Was there a louder aftermarket exhaust for them? I don't have any exhaust leaks or apparent damage to the system, it's just very loud.

Thanks,
Scott

There is a high performance aftermarket thru hull exhaust that may have been installed that is very loud but pretty rare on boats. Take some pics. It should be very quiet at idle and low speeds.

Thanks, I'll get some pics in a little while.

It does exit thru-hull near the jet pump, kind of near the deck drain outlet. Very loud at idle and low speeds, not as noticeable at higher speeds with the wind noise kind of taking over.

Thru hull near the pump on the side is factory. The aftermarket will go straight out the back on the side above the water line.

There should be a resonator after the water box on the other side as well which should keep it quiet.

Yep, missing the resonator. I might look at getting a replacement. Thanks for the help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back