2004 Sportster 4 tec

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

roudaj

Hey guys,

I'm really new here, I just bought a 2004 Seadoo Sportster 4 tec. The previous owner said that it needed new spark plugs to run properly, but it would crank just fine and run, just not at high speeds. I am able to crank it out of the water just fine, but the engine seemed to be loud and sort of sounded like metal clanking together. I turned it off right away. We also noticed water shot out from a little black hole in the hull. We looked around the engine and didn't see any water around it.

Does this sound like new spark plugs, or something worse?

Yes, replace the plugs. Sorry for the delay on the post, i just saw it. I Pm'd you back with a way to resolve it. Let us know if we can help with anything else.

Karl

Thanks I will. I just bought the new plugs and I'll be installing them this evening. I'll let you know how it goes.

Okay I changed out the plugs and the engine sounds better and runs smoother, however, there is still a little bit of a pinging sound. Do you think it could be from fuel. It was winterized and the gas hasn't been ran down yet.

Just a finale note on this. We put the boat in the water, ran the gas down low and the pinging stopped. The boat is running great. Changing the spark plugs made a huge difference. Thanks guys!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back