2004 Sportster 4-tec 155hp lookin for rear exhaust hose

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

bmcgregor

Hi all,
I ran into some weeds and had an overheating incident last fall with my boat.
This caused some damage to some of the exhaust hoses. Sea-doo does not make the rear exhaust hose anymore so the place I take my boat for service is having problems finding one.
I've tried some searches on e-bay and general google searches but haven't had any luck either.

Does anyone know of a place that might have exhaust hose (part number 204340392) new or good condition used?
Or if a different exhaust hose might work for this?
Any help or suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks,
- Brodie

Can anyone more experienced chime in about weather or not parts are interchangeable between 2003 to say 2006 sportster 4tec model's?

I found this thread interesting, especially since I have a 2004 sportster as well. Even though my boat is a 2004, I have the 2003 setup with 2 aluminum mufflers, not the plastic resonator as shown in the parts diagrams. Seems our setup is obsolete and discontinued. I actually kind of like the idea of not having a plastic resonator, have heard there can be some issues with them.

Not sure I have a solution for you other than to upgrade to the new setup with a plastic resonator. Seems costly though. An alternative may be to source some general purpose marine grade exhaust hose + fittings and see if you can connect your #2 muffler to the exhaust outlet on the boat.

If you do find a solution please post back and let us know, I may be in a similar situation in the future.

You may be able to have something fabbed up. Using 2 small hoses and a curved aluminum pipe, you could "remake" the hose out of aluminum. Use each 6" or 8" long hose to connect the aluminum exhaust tube to the muffler and through hull. Pardon my cave drawing, but the red would be the aluminum (or SS if you want, but more $$), and the blue would be exhaust couplings. I couldn't see it costing more than $300.

exhaust.jpg

exhaust_pipe.jpg

The black formed hose in the picture is part 204340392.
Minute Muffler made the aluminum pipe for me. Cost $66 and was finished in less than a day.
The formed hose where it connected to exhaust was in bad shape. But where it attached to the hull it was still ok. So I cut two 5" pieces from that end and used those with hose clamps to attach the aluminum pipe to the boat.
The boat ran well on the garden hose 2 weekends ago.
Then it ran well on the water this last weekend.
Got a working boat now, so I am happy.

Thanks everyone for the info.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back