2004 Sporster LE, Single 2 Stroke Engine, Rotax, 8 BEEP PROBLEM.

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey all. Very new to this forum, but from what i've read I've learned quite a bit! I'm also very new in owning a SeaDoo ( one week!)... which has so far been a love hate relationship. Anyhow I hope someone could help me out here because even my local (89 miles away, local) SeaDoo authorized dealer doesn't know!!!!! Bought the boat last week from nice retired couple... immaculate interior/exterior... took out on the water the next day and after 2 or so hours of 55mph, half a tank of fuel and close to 7000 rpm with a 25 min break between... I get a continuous intermittent beep.
I dock, take the DESS lanyard off and put it back on and wham 8 beeps. Did this several times. Owners manual said defective MPEM. I immediately loaded the boat and before I disembarked on the 89 mile one way trip to the seadoo dealer I hooked the lanyard back up and still got 8 beeps.

Got to the dealer, manager puts dess lanyard on boat and no beeps other than the two brief normal ones. He must have thought I was nuts!!! Next day he hooked it up and said that the boat had thrown a "Low Voltage" error, and "fuel gauge problem (or something like that)" and they don't know when the boat threw those messages and they don't agree with the fuel gauge message because the gauge is working fine.

They were unable to reproduce the beep! They were also unable to read the HRS on the boat?! The battery is testing 12V prior to cranking and about 12-13 volts post cranking. The engine runs fine, boat accelerates fast! The boat fires right up! All gauges are working! All fuses good, no corrosion on MPEM male/female plugs! Oil is mixing fine, using seadoo recommended oil's and lubes. Engine is not overheating, I could touch it after running it two hrs. No misfires or knocking. Impeller system is free of debris!

Anyhow, got my boat back today and the same beep started about 2 hrs of cruising wide open, burning about 1/2 tank of gas. This time however I did touch the voltage rectifier and it was really really hot and so was the wiring to and from it! Any ideas anyone, could this be the prob? Please... I'm begging you! Love the boat but it's becoming a nightmare!

-Sincerest Thanks for Your Help

Joey

fire boat up, and hold idle around 5500rpm, at same time, volt test the battery, yourself...high 13's, low 14's, is what your looking for.

O, and for the beeping sound, hit the bottom right switch, its your " i'm run'n out a fuel" beeping sound. Even though, ur fuel-1/2 full, it'll trigger it, if something wrong with sender unit.

Where is the switch?

Seadooya:

I can't find the bottom right switch on the boat. I have attached a picture of the boats instrumentation sitting drivers perspective. Where should it be? I have noticed that If I hit the start/stop key twice with the DESS key off it's post, my fuel gauge gives me a reading. Also, this sender unit thing is that something I can replace myself? Sounds pricey and I can't always keep a full tank of gas. My gauge is accurate, and when I took it to the dealer it had the same amount of fuel in it and didn't beep the 8 times on initial check from putting the DESS key on. Thanks again, I've read many of yours, seadoosnipe's and others posts from the time I started troubleshooting this boat and appreciate everyone's help!

-Joey (04' Sportster LE, Rotax 947, 2 cylinder, 130hp)

Attachments

• P7290380.JPG
    P7290380.JPG
    599.7 KB · Views: 19
Last edited by a moderator:
my bad stud. Got confused, with the other seadoo boats, where they dont have the on/off/res switch, but a rocker switch, bottom row, last switch.

Your boat aint exoperiencing any problems, correct? Then, dont have access to the "beeping" chart, butthink, the sending unit is going on ya. You can rem9ove it from the tank, and check out "rx951" sticky, on how to fix the fuse. But inspect the "float" inside the baffle, see if it floats, and make sure the magnets are there....

strange times.

Yeah I don't have that switch but like you said I could just check it out myself. Today the boat went through a entire tank of gas without any beeps... lol. Got past the 1/2 tank mark and I'm like !@#%!, why no beep!!!!?? The only thing I did different was pour almost an entire can of seafoam fuel stabilizer and engine cleaner and I sprayed all the hoses and parts in the engine compartment with the XPS anti corrosive oil based lube from bombardier. I'm sure the sound will return and when it does I'm going to take your advice! Even spoke with the seadoo mechanic today regarding what you said and he certainly concurs... need to make the trip back over there and have them re-diagnose and fix that sending unit if the error message is fuel related. Prolly next week... lol or when the thing starts to beep! Thanks again for your help... hopefully this will resolve the issue... will let y'all know.

-Joey

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back