2004 Sea-Doo GTI LE Plugs foul

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Engine83

I have a 2004 Sea-Doo GTI LE. Found oil leaking into haul. Mechanic found that oil pump that injects oil into carb failed. Ski probably ran on straight gas for a while. He replaced pump and sent back to me. The machine would run for about 15 minutes before losing power and puttering when trying to give it gas. Replaced plugs and would run fine again for 15 minutes. Plugs are fowled up. Was told by mechanic that seals probably bad allowing too much gas, and not worth repairing. Not sure I trust mechanic that the ski is done. Any feed back would be great.

If you are getting to much gas you just need rebuild the carb. Get a mikuni kit and needle/seat and you will be good to go. I am guessing the mechanic did something if you were only had an oil leak and now you are getting to much gas.

Your leak could of been from one of the little oil lines, loose oil pump bleed screw, rotary valve lines, leaking from the tank fittings. The list is long but I doubt the pump failed on a 2004 model. Check your compression to see how the engine is. How could someone tell you to sell a ski because you are getting to much gas. You would be out like a $100 in parts and you can do the carb yourself. Everyone here and help you.

Thank you so much for your response. I was having the same symptoms I have now when I brought the ski in. Mechanic found that the pump was hanging off. That was where the oil came from in the haul. He ordered and replaced the pump and also rebuilt the carburetors. He also did a compression test which showed normal. It sounded like he had no clue as to why the plugs where still fowling other then that it probably ran with out oil injected for a while. I'm out $600 and still have same problem. ( I did see in person though that in fact the pump was just hanging there.)

Talking about oil, check the oil filter (on my 2003 GTI LE, it is close to the battery, size of a pill bottle but a little longer). Mine has a small crack in it and is leaking a few drops here and there (inside the hull). This is scary. Ordered a new one... I am afraid it will fail and if it did, bye bye engine. So check yours.

Benji.

I would check to make sure the "mechanic" adjusted the oil pump cable correctly and it isn't dumping too much oil in and fouling the plugs.

You can use a mirror on flex stick that Harbor Freight sell for $6 to see if the marks are correct. I doubt even if it is to rich on the oil that would foul your plugs. I have ran 32:1 in Seadoo's and never fouled a plug before. The best would be to post a pic of the plugs so other members can comment on the plug readings. You would get the best help from that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back