2004 GTX 4Tec - Newbie - "Check Engine" after going over Wake

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

texasGTXed

I have only had this ski for a short time and do not suspect a real mechanical issue because it is in immaculate condition with low hours and old man use. Was riding and hit a boat wake a little off which forced a "Check Engine" alarm and what seemed like the "Limp Mode" to kick in. There was no flooding or even an engine shut down. I immediately headed in and the ski still went pretty fast and when I pulled in and shut off, the signal was gone on restart. I did not see any problems with the ski and it performed good later as well. Has anyone ever had an impact with the water trigger an alarm that just had to be reset by a power down and back up?

What is the typical operating temp for the engine?

Thanks

Not likely. Next time that happens pull the Pxxxx code by pressing the select button 5 times till it shows the code on screen. If there's no check engine light on there won't be a code stored. If it happens again do that and then we'll at least know where to start

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back