2004 bombardier long beep while running full throttle

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Danem017

Just got my boat running for the first time.
The boat runs fine but when I give it full throttle to get on plane ( after about 1 minute) it beeps a long load beep every 4 seconds
Not sure if it’s a heat alarm or what but when I run it idling or even 3/4 throttle it doesn’t beep
It’s a 2004 bombardier Le with a 947 rotax DI
Water looks to be flowing through all the lines with no problem.
There’s a sensor in on of the exhaust cans that I cleaned off. The exhaust is supper hot after but can’t tell if that’s normal or not.
Please help!!!
Holiday week and wanna run it

Can’t tell if it’s oil alarm because the gauges were to cloudy to see if the light was on

Sounds like a "thermal" warning.....if water is free flowing through the engine and exhaust water jackets, the exhaust should not be so hot to the touch. Have you tried to backflush the system on a garden hose?

I discovered a vegetation plug in one of my water lines exiting my '96 GTX ski....BUT I never got an alarm...and my son then tells me he can feel the heat under his legs while sitting on the SKI...which pointed me to a dead buzzer and a plugged water line existing the ski.

I'm pretty sure the DI is like others where a thermal warning is continuous, not repeating every 4 seconds.

You need to download the DI jet ski factory service manual, this is where the listing of beeps codes is located. There's enough info packed into this manual, you'll be glad to have it!

I'm pretty sure the DI is like others where a thermal warning is continuous, not repeating every 4 seconds.

You need to download the DI jet ski factory service manual, this is where the listing of beeps codes is located. There's enough info packed into this manual, you'll be glad to have it!
Yes indeed, always good to have the manual as a resource....it is concerning though that he specifically stated "the exhaust is super (sic) hot after".....I don't think that would be normal if cooling water is free flowing around the exhaust water jacket....just IMHO.

AS soon as I found my vegetation plug and cleared it.....you could easily put your hand on the big exhaust pipe of the running ski (on a garden hose), no problem.

Agree about exhaust, could be a concern and I missed that point first time I read through.

In any case, we need to know how hot. Rule of thumb is if you cannot lay your hand on any part of the exhaust system without suffering a burn to your skin, i'ts probably too hot.

My 951 exhaust almost reaches this temperature, the flat on top of the manifold is the warmest position of the manifold and quite warm but not enough to burn my skin or damage the painted coating. It does get pretty warm in this location, I cannot leave my palm there for an extended period but it's not hot enough to burn me. So maybe this detail can help determine if a cooling problem is occurring.

The cylinder head itself runs pretty cool to the touch, not nearly as hot as the flat on the exhaust pipe. Cold, in comparison.

Last edited:
I just searched through my manual and couldn't locate anything close to 1 long beep every 4 seconds. FWIW The only instance of 4 long beeps is battery voltage, but this occurs according to the manual when the DESS is placed on the post.

If this warning reported by @Danem017 is related to battery voltage, it could be his voltage regulator is malfunctioning.

Last edited:
Yes indeed, always good to have the manual as a resource....it is concerning though that he specifically stated "the exhaust is super (sic) hot after".....I don't think that would be normal if cooling water is free flowing around the exhaust water jacket....just IMHO.

AS soon as I found my vegetation plug and cleared it.....you could easily put your hand on the big exhaust pipe of the running ski (on a garden hose), no problem.

Maybe one action in this case would be to fire up the ski and reverse flush the cooling system as per running on trailer instructions on the garden hose.

This might dislodge a cooling system restriction if one exists.

Low oil in oil tank is just the red light on the gauge pod, no buzzer as far as I know.

We need more detail though, if possible.

Last edited:
Just got my boat running for the first time.
The boat runs fine but when I give it full throttle to get on plane ( after about 1 minute) it beeps a long load beep every 4 seconds
Not sure if it’s a heat alarm or what but when I run it idling or even 3/4 throttle it doesn’t beep
It’s a 2004 bombardier Le with a 947 rotax DI
Water looks to be flowing through all the lines with no problem.
There’s a sensor in on of the exhaust cans that I cleaned off. The exhaust is supper hot after but can’t tell if that’s normal or not.
Please help!!!
Holiday week and wanna run it

Can’t tell if it’s oil alarm because the gauges were to cloudy to see if the light was on

FWIW: I could find no reference to a long loud beep EVERY 4 SECONDS.....my manual ('96 GTX ski) says [CONTINUOUS BEEP = engine overheating] with no other reference to any intermittent beeps. This piece of information coupled with your description of super hot exhaust definitely warrants a look into the cooling system (if for nothing else but your own peace of mind.....you'll hurt the engine by running her hot...MHO).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back