2004 bombardeir sportster LE DI only starts at full throttle

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Danem017

Bought the boat this winter, I’ve put new plugs in,
Drained the fuel restored with 3/4 tank of fresh, new battery.
While starting the boat in just idle the engine all but starts then dies. If I engage the throttle full or even half it starts up revs high and then isles out. If I give it throttle again after getting it to idle the engine dies out.
Noticed on the plug the front on seemed dark after running and the back still looked brand new so I checked the spark and both seem okay
I have fouled 2 plugs trying to get the issue staigtened out on the hose. ( both being the front spark plug.

Not sure where to look next. The boat will idle and rev high upon start but once more throttle is applied it dies out

You should never be starting a DI engine giving it throttle. You have something wrong. Unfortunately it's pretty hard to diagnose a DI engine.
I would start with checking compression. Remove the spark plugs, install compression tester, ground plug wires on provided tabs, hold throttle wide open and crank until gauge stops climbing. report back.

If compression is 140-120 then you will need to check furl pressure, should be exactly 107 psi.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back