2003 Utopia M2 250 Optimax SN 0E410847 (its a 2002 motor) temperature sensor replacement need part number

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jayzuks

First thanks for all the past help, you all have saved me a ton of cash and time. Boat runs great over 3000 RPMs, but cuts out at slow speeds after about 30 mins. Will not restart until after 20 mins of resting. I want to replace the temperature sensors but can not tell if the motor is design I or design II.

Boats.net is telling me Design II is p/n 8M0148668 and Design I is 889575. They also are saying its its the same part on both port and starboard.

1) How can I tell if my motor is design I or II?
2) Do the the p/ns seem correct?
3) Are they same sensors for port and starboard?

Many Many Thanks Again,

Jason

Since Seadoo bought the engines from Merc... they generally had them "On the shelf" for a while, and they are normally at least 1 year out. So yes... a 2003 boat will have a 2002 engine. BUT... since the switch over was 2001-1/2... you could have that.

OK... easy way to tell is the flywheel cover. If it's round, and only really covers the flywheel... it's a gen1. If it's large, and rectangle... it's a gen2. The other is the oil tank on the engine. Gen1 is up around the flywheel, and gen2 is smaller and on the starboard side of the engine.

On a gen1 engine... they are 2 different parts. But look at your engine, and make sure. The port side has 4 wires, and the other is one wire.

If you have a gen1 engine... you want P/N 13536A14

Thanks Doc,

You are the master. I have a gen 2 based on the photo, right?Boat Motor pic.jpg
Is it part number 8M0148668 for Gen 2 then?

Many Thanks,
JZ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back