2003 Utopia 205 Questions & issues

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

firedude411

I just purchased a Utopia 205 and am going thru it before putting it in the water. I downloaded the M2 manul and the pictures do not seem to add up with my motor. The fuel filters are not where they are showing in the pics. I believe These are them A-Fuel Filter B-Water separator in the attached file. I also cannot find the part numbers for replacement. I guess the best place to purchase wouldn't be the local auto parts store huh? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Also, there is a large hose that is broken(appears to be a vent hose) that I believe should go to the port side where it looks like it is missing. Is this correct? Pictures attached

Attachments

• Port-Blownup.jpg
    Port-Blownup.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 250
  • IMG_0871.jpg
    IMG_0871.jpg
    231.7 KB · Views: 208
  • Port-Vent.jpg
    Port-Vent.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 201
Last edited by a moderator:
It states 240 EFi on the motor so I assume that is right and the book states 240hp model but the pic is not identical as filters appear to be in different spots.

Ok, the manual states it is November 1999 so I am thinking they altered the model a little. Where the fuel water separator is in the picture is some type of starter intercept or something like that. Based on the the pictures and tracing the fuel lines, I do believe that I have id the right parts. The motor is attached.

Attachments

• Port-sm.jpg
    Port-sm.jpg
    190.6 KB · Views: 212
  • Starboard-sm.jpg
    Starboard-sm.jpg
    184.1 KB · Views: 217
Filters

These are the part numbers for the filters, and the plugs.

fuel/water separating filter Mercury part number 35-18458Q4

inline fuel filter Mercury part number 35-889615

Ngk plug number BPZ8HS10 (do not substitute)

The hose that you show in your picture looks as if it is off the blower. There should be one end attached to the blower, and one to the vent.

Aaron

From the pictures they look just like the ones on my 200hp. To be sure just order the new filters and wait until you have them in your hand, and in reference to one of your earlier questions you should order these from a Mercury dealer.

Aaron:cheers:

firedude congrats. as mentioned above that black duct is from the blower and should be zip tied to that coupling. as for the filters it is very similar to my 250 Opti. The oil looking one is the water separter which should have a sensor on the bottom of it. Any other questions you may have let us know although i have the DFI 250 the engine base does look rather similar.

I figured the black tube is supposed to go to the vent, it does on the starboard side but the piece that is sitting there is to short to make it to the port side. I have compression checked the motor and all six cylinders are almost exactly the same. I thought it would be more, but they are all at 115. Plugs changed filters replaced whoo whoo on the water this week end!!

so it fires up and runs good man? good to hear brother i love my utopia . ya that vent duct looks pretty beat up but screw it get on the water dude.

Well the boat ran great with the family aboard I was able to hit 47mph, I assume that is pretty good. No issues at all with the boat so far. The trailer was another story. When I got home I was rinsing the boat and when water hit the right hub it immediately steamed up. I looked down to see that I had no bearings left. As the trailer was 2002 and the rust on the suspension and brake parts looked bad, I replaced the entire axle. I should have been as diligent with the trailer as the boat. A fresh greasing may have prevented this. I was lucky I made it home to find the problem and not on the road.
Lesson learned. Thanks again for all of the help

Sea Doo SICK

just bought 2003 Sea Doo utopia 205 with 240 Mercury. this is my first sea doo boat appears to have been taken very good care of the first couple of times on water ran great AND THEN cruising about 4500 rpm (speedometer not working) the engine just shuts down without warning I reached over turned key it started right up like a new one and it does this with no ryme or reason different rpm and speeds but always starts right up afterwards engine sounds flawless ANY SUGGESTIONS

Riverratred

From people I have talked to, and what I have read, the two most likely culprits are your ignition switch or the crankshaft position sensor. Neither will set a code in the computer, but will shut the engine off just like you turned the key off.

For the cost of the crankshaft position sensor (about 60.00) and the fact that it will not set a code, I would just replace it and give that a try.

The part number should be 8283582, but verify that with a mercury dealer.

Aaron:cheers:

Franke: Please start your own thread. This thread is 3 years old, and there is a chance that none of these members are even here anymore. (other than Rookie)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back