2003 Utopia 205 - Merc 240 Won't Start

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

DonNJ

Hi All,
I've got a 2003 Sea-Doo Utopia 205 with the Mercury 240 EFI. I've had this boat for 7 years and it has run well up to this point...
Took it out this past weekend and was about 100 yards out and running at no wake speed when the engine died. Engine would crank but would not fire up. Got a quick tow back to the dock and put the boat on the rack to investigate.

At first glance I noticed that the fuel line was disconnected from fuel filter. Clamp appeared a bit loose, so I reattached the hose. Engine will still not turn over/fire. I disconnected the fuel line from the filter and saw no gas in the line.

There is gas in tank and just installed new battery. I'm thinking it may be fuel pump, but don't want to start buying a bunch of parts if there may be an easier fix. Any advice for how to begin trouble-shooting?

Thanks in advance.

Fuse to electric fuel pump was blown. Hopefully that is the problem. Will post again if problem persists...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back