2003 Sportster Speaker Replacement

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

shamski

It is time to send the factory speakers on the boat to speaker heaven.
The previous owner had just added a couple of Bazooka Tubbies on the tower so I am going to leave them alone. So, just attacking those on the boat from the factory.

Have found a decent price for Polk Audio DB651 in Canada so those look like the candidate replacements. Now, there is a slim mount and the regular mount both certified for marine -- make any difference which is used? Anyone got experience with them? Hoping that it is as easy as getting current ones out, change wires over, and screw new ones down.

Looking at the current setup, there is a baffle/protector behind the speaker. Will I be able to reuse it for the new speakers or should I order a new foam baffle while ordering the speakers and Head Unit Cover (yes, the original cover got broken by the previous owner, and the factory replacement is $140CDN so won't be doing that).

Input appreciated.
shamski

I am about to replace the stock speakers in my Speedster 200 with the DB651s. I ordered mine through ebay and with shipping a set cost about 150, just wondering how much the ones you found in Canada are and where are they from? Let me know how you make out and I'll do the same.

www.crutchfield.ca --> I think it was $110 CDN as they were $40 off their regular. I had a couple of other things to pickup too so it put me over their $129 CDN for free shipping in Canada.

Proud to be a Canadian :), but shipping and handling charges to get stuff here from the US can be costly => some EBAY sites wanted $35US :ack:

shamski

Nice Ride

Nice looking ride for the water!
I am going to stick with the 2 new Polk 6.5s (just got them all wired up) and the Bazooka Tubbies on the wake tower. For now :reddevil: There may be an amp in the future, and I like from your thread about where to install it as there really isn't a lot of room around.

I too opted for a non-marine Sony HU. I have the marine cover for it and want to rig something from the inside to catch any water that makes it around the gasket.

Your hydroturf looked slick too ... I already have the home project managers (read: Wife) approval to put that in at some point this year. I am thinking black molded groove sheets, patience to cut the turf, and some contact cement for the turf and I am in business. Might end up being a fall project :(

I am just waiting for my impeller to get to me from SBT so I can put it and the new wear ring back in and return to the water.

shamski

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back