2003 Sportster: I'm a new owner

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

samuelray8614

I just recently purchased my first jetboat, 2003 Sportster LE. I'm new to the jetboat community... I'm done the typical outboards and I/Os... I just wanted some advice... Do's and Dont's... Recommendations and etc from current owners...

I'm learning quickly that they are different than other boats... I had three adults and myself in it (and a cooler) and it requires patience and time when wanting to plane out and get to speed... it wants to cavitate and etc if i try to go fast too fast (if that makes any sense haha). so i'm learning how to adjust to that. I love the little boat. its fuel economy is good... its light weight and pulls like a dream behind everything from a jeep liberty to full size truck...

This winter I plan on doing whatever routine maintenance is suggest/needed. I assume I should inspect the impeller and see if it needs replaced... any and all suggestions and advice is greatly appreciated. I'm use to operating my old boss's 40' Sea Ray Sport Yacht (dual 454's) and his girlfriends 100' houseboat so these little boats are new to me.

Thanks!

Hi,

I have the same boat as you and used it for the first time this weekend.

Great fun.

Watch out for bits getting stuck in the water intake......I have had a stone, plastic bag and rope so far......

Also do not over load the boat with more than 3 or 4 adults as this can make the boat low in the water and allow waves to splash in and fill her up fast......

Take care and enjoy...I know I am :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back