2003 Speedster fuel gauge and speedometer not working

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

AnviL Man

2003 Speedster Bombardier 240 EFI. I bought the boat and neither are working, the speedometer does not work at all but the fuel gauge will register around a half tank if I top it off but soon will go back to empty even though there is still plenty of fuel in the tank. Definitely not working properly. I was wondering what to look at first or test. Thanks.

Someone needs to chime in on testing the guage,if it is your paddle wheel sensor that has gone bad I would recommend the candoo gps speed sensor. The stock sensor is a liar :cheers:

A common problem with the fuel gauge is the float gets filled with gas and gives an inaccurate reading. OSD sells replacements.

A common problem with the fuel gauge is the float gets filled with gas and gives an inaccurate reading. OSD sells replacements.

Ok that would explain it. Question though, what is OSD? Is the float part of the fuel pump? Do you have a link to it? Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back