2003 seadoo 4-tech

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

tbonegreek

185 hp fuel injected 1500cc 3 cylinder closed loop cooling.

Might be a good project if i can get some info And Tips thx.

"The deal with the engine is this, bought the ski with the engine not working so im going on what the person said. it was a friend of a friend so im sure he was being straight with me. he said that when he was flushing it out after using it he turned the water on first. i guess when you do this it has a chance of getting into the engine if you dont start it soon enough. he also spent $500 on the jet pump before the engine totaly died because his mechanic thought it was the problem. i dont know what they did to it. Its going to need a battery im sure. i hooked a battery up to it and the starter just clicks. so the engine is stuck. also i checked the dash to make sure everything was good.------ the oil was drained out a long time ago. its not been sitting with junk oil in it."

Any Ideas or Suggestions.
Thanks.

could be a 40 relay, thats mak'n you think, the motors' stuck.

If anything like the 2-strokes, follow the red cables to the ebox, and find where they connect to, in there. Jump the 2-post, if motor/starter turns, then replace relay, and you might have just scored.

2003 seadoo 4 tech

Thanks for the info.
What if the motor/starter does not turn??
Just curious on the next step if needed.
Thanks for your input.

then inspect the cable from the relay to the starter, but aint sure of the "routing" of these 4-strokes. Somewhat "winging it" to helping you.
Say, its like the 2-stroke, then thats what I 'd be doing, but guess you can pull the plugs and turn the "pto" (on back of motor), to see if it turns, smooth, if not, then remove pump, and if thats like the 2-strokes, and being that year, should only be about 10 minutes, then turn "pto" again.

Thanks for the tips.

I picked up this ski yesterday, i started to look into it today.
The ski was dry of all fluids I replaced the Oil filter, filled up oil, added fresh fuel, Changed the spark plugs. Hooked up hose to flush(did not turn on flow).
Also installed new Battery. I pressed the start button and to my surprise the starter turned over.
After a few tries i got the machine running.:) Smoke came out the exhaust for a bit but did clear up after a while, it even idled. but when i shut if off it is hard to start. any thoughts?? Also appears to be some clinking sounds from the back end while running.

The ski has not been registered in about three years so i assume it has been sitting around for that long. AS i said before it was empty of all fluids.

do i need to sheck anything else on the ski before i try to launch her for a ride?
Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back