2003 Sea doo gtx limited supercharger question

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Capt Ron

I just purchased a 2003 Sea doo gtx limited. Runs fantastic absolutley no problems . I keep reading that the supercharger on these should be rebuilt every 100 hrs . This has 180 hrs and the person I purchased from has no idea if this was ever rebuilt. He had purchased from a dealer but dealer is now gone. Anyway I have also read from the forum with conflicting answers that the 2003 gtx did not have ceramic or even metal clutch washers. And that you know when the supercharger needs rebuilding is when it starts to slip . Is there anything I need to worry about except for it slipping, does it have any clutch washers . Does anyone know for sure. Also on the 03 gtx limited does it have a 16 tooth or 17 tooth gear .I have not pulled off the charger yet to really no for sure . Hoping to wait till the end of the season before I pull out of the water to check. I also read that to be carefull of the bearings and they should be replaced. I thought that the 2004 to 2008 models are the ones that need rebuilding . Please looking for any clear info on this . Hate to pull it off for nothing. Thanks Everyone

Welcome to the forum Ron. From what I have read, it's the ceramic washers in the supercharger that is the concern. Without knowing the history of your motor, I would rebuild the supercharger ASAP. The old ounce of prevention thing.

Check out the 4-Tek PWC section of the forum and repost your question there. I'm sure others with broader knowledge of your model will be able to help you out.

Hey guys... I’m the new guy, I’m sure I will apologize often than not for not using the forum correctly, This is actually the first time I have EVER been in a forum.

I am looking piirchase (my first) 2003 GTX Limited Speedo and I am asking if there should be anything I should be paying more attention to purchasing this unit! The bad stuff I need to look for.

Hey guys... I’m the new guy, I’m sure I will apologize often than not for not using the forum correctly, This is actually the first time I have EVER been in a forum.

I am looking piirchase (my first) 2003 GTX Limited Speedo and I am asking if there should be anything I should be paying more attention to purchasing this unit! The bad stuff I need to look for.

Welcome Big B. You found the best seadoo forum on the web! You will want to start a new thread in the section that pertains to your ski. There is not a 2003 GTX Limited so we will need more information. THe GTX Limited was only made in 1998 & 1999.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back