2003 Islandia price (considering selling)

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

John McK

Considering selling my 2003 Islandia - just don't use it enough to justify keeping it. Someone else should enjoy this awesome boat. Anyone know what a good selling price would be when I list it for sale?

It's in good shape, some issues of course (speedo, some cracked vinyl but not bad, etc). Gelcoat looks good. Have trailer and Poppy cover (might be close to needing a new one). Southeast boat its whole life (TN, VA, TX and SC).

Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

.2003 Islandia 2.jpg

Normally... anywhere from $5k to $12K depending on the time of the year and condition.

With some cosmetic flaws, but a good runner... I would try $10k But... since you have a longer summer than Pittsburgh... I would fix the speedo and ask $11k. I'm guessing it will go quick at that price.

If you have a recently rebuilt engine... you can ask more. But, it may sit a little longer until the right person shows up.

Oh... also... I've learned that throwing in a bunch of stuff (life jackets, skis, so on) doesn't help the price. Just give a couple of a basic life jackets, the anchor, and what ever basics you have for it... and sell the rest on Craigslist. (Water sports stuff can get some good $$$ on the used market)

Thanks for the feedback. I think it's in good condition but I guess that's more in the eyes of the buyer

Truth is I wish this thing had an hour meter on it as I know it would be ridiculously low for a boat this age. 1st owner was an elderly gentleman in Dandridge TN. He had it 5yrs or so (can't remember if we bought it in 2008 or 2010) and it looked brand new when we bought it.

We have owned it since then and used it sparingly in our time owning it. All I have had to do to it is swap out the factory intake grate to the one with narrow tines and winterize it every year. We haven't used all the features (kiddie pool, toilet, etc) since we purchased it so not sure if all those features are good to go.

I guess I'll post it and see if anyone is interested. I travel for work so I may set a more aggressive price to save myself some time and trouble.

Thanks again for your help.

It does have a meter... but you can't see it with Seadoo's gauges in it. You have a more modern Merc.... and if you had smartcraft gauges... you could see the Hr's. With that said... a Merc dealer can read it out for you. It will even show how many hr's at the different RPM's.

I paid 12,300 for my 03 last year. It has a rebuilt 250 Optimax. I would have rather had the newer 240 motor. Yours might be in a little better shape than mine. Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back