2003 gtx

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Brandon2018

Is there anyway to clear fault codes without going to the dealer? I had a p0353 I believe I fixed it but need to get the code turned off.

I have power and ground at #3 coil plug with lanyard on, noid light won’t light up on #3 but will on the rest, all wires test good along with fuses. Light is still active.

With the lanyard on the post, you should have power at pin 2 on the #3 coil connector; that comes from the MPEM. However, you should not have continuity on pin 1 (pin A29 at the ECU). The ECU controls the power to the coil by providing the ground at the appropriate time. Disconnect connector A at the ECU, then disconnect the connector from the #3 coil. Check pin 1 at the coil connector Brown/yellow wire to ground. You should not have continuity. If you do, repair the wire. If you don't, you could have a problem with the ECU. You can also move the coils around and see if the fault follows the coil.

Thanks for the reply, correct I have 12 volts with lanyard on, I also have constant ground on all three #1 pin on coil. I also tested the wires going from ecu to coil it was good swapped the coils around that did nothing. Is there anyway to test the ecu output on that terminal? I was leaning to the ecu being the problem, I have seen a lot of people say the rear oil pressure switch fixed there problem. Was going to pick one of those up in the morning.

Well with these electronic components, I wouldn't be surprised if the oil pressure switch caused the problem, but I think that's a long shot.

Have you purchased the Can-Doo yet? It has the ability to activate the ignition coils.

I have seen two posts on this forum where ECUs had an open ground circuit to the fuel injectors causing fuel to spray out of the injector even when the engine was off. This is the first time I've heard of it happening to the ignition coil circuit. You're probably going to end up changing the ECU. Ebay can be a good source of used parts, but ECUs and MPEMs go quickly.

I have the can-doo ordered but hasn’t come in. I tried my noid light with the rear sensor both unplugged and shorted to ground, with all the same results. My luck it’s the ecu that’s about all that’s left.

What should the #1 side of plug on coil read with lanyard plugged in? I’m getting ground on all of them with it plugged in? But only one throwing code is #3

Don't check for continuity with the lanyard on. With the lanyard off, you should have infinite resistance (an open circuit). Evidently the ECU doesn't see a problem with #1 and #2.

Now has miss on #2 & 3 just going to have to wait until I get the can doo.

#2 went away when unplugged lanyard # 3 stayed, looks like I’m going to have to order a ecu

Last edited:
Talked to the shop who had worked on the ski today he said that they replaced coils, ecu, main wiring harness, engine harness, new mpem, and new plugs. With no success

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back