2003 GTX DI issue / Will BUDS help??

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Airstar

Hi everyone, I am in a bit of a pickle and would like some help. First mistake: I sold a friend/customer a 2003 GTX DI 130HP. The bike ran great no issue's. They never had a PWC lift. Planned to use a boat lift. They are a rough bunch. Having said that, I got a call on the fourth of July asking to come look at it. I agreed. Loud metal clanging coming from inside the motor. I was sick to my stomach. I am either out the money, a friend, good customer or a ski. No winners here. My question, on this model will the on board computer ( BUDS I think) have recorded any high temp situations prior to engine problems? They are saying that the only thing they noticed was the maintenance light coming on and the battery dying. They never hinted at engine issues when they first contacted me. This all happened over their first weekend with it. I had it for four years with no problems. Thanks in advance.

I am thinking that it may have been ran without water. That's my thoughts pertaining to any onboard logs of overheating.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back