2003 GTI won't start

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

dekekelly

Originally Posted by dekekelly
I have a 2003 GTI . it quit quite abruptly starter would not engage, replaced battery ,still no start
when I put the key on I generally get two short beeps
but sometimes I get three short beeps.
Local dealer suggested solenoid did it :starter engaged four times then wouldn't spin again
I need another direction

thanks
dekekelly

Sounds like solenoid, and that your local dealer diagnosised properly according to what you posted here. You can either repair it yourself or take it in to the dealer.

2003 Gti

JoeZ
replaced solenoid same result.
Can you tell me how to put this model in diagnostic mode?
It's the 85hp carb model.
ps I really miss Tampa

I think I misunderstood your first post. You were saying that you did the solenoid and that it was still having problems?

Self Diagnostic Mode is started as soon as you put the laynard on, according to beeps and lights.

3 short beeps indicate a "wiring harness of DESS switch is grounded or there is a short circuit" problem.

I'd get out a wiring diagram and with a multimeter double check your wiring to the starter. Also check for exposed wires. Sometimes the vibrations will cause a wire to chafe and expose its self, thus creating an intermitent short.

2003 gti won't engage starter

joeZ

thanks for your help I'll dust off the multimeter sat.and post the result

deke

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back