2003 GTI Jet Pump

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

etemplet

Premium Member
Premium Member
Hey guys, I am working on a 2003 GTI and someone worked on it previously. I have some jet pump questions.
This is the part number that comes up concerning the NEOPRENE SEAL (293200087) only it isn't Neoprene, it is a rubber seal. I am wondering if I need a Neoprene Seal in addition to this rubber seal. Pump is a 155mm. I want to do this "once". LOL :D

I assembled the slider and pusher assemble into the impeller cover and assembled. The Impeller has some turning resistance and it isn't the wear ring. Too tight for me so that is why I am asking about it. It may work fine... there certainly is "no slack" in the thrust of the impeller.

Thanks for any help !!

On yours and the 155mm pump there is no neoprene seal, just the rubber one around the front of the pump.

The pusher resistance is because you have it binding. On yours you have to release the tension by pushing the internal release with a pencil or Allan wrench when installing the cone. The process is in the factory service manual.

Got it brother !! I did break out the service manual. Ha ha. It was my first one of this type. I hate reading directions but I succumbed to the pressure. Pretty Sneaky of SeaDoo. :D :D

I just wanted to make sure regarding the seal. I can assemble the pump and shaft now. Boy o Boy whoever worked on this ski was a Cluster..... Dang !!!

As always thanks so much for your guidance Miki !!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back