2002 SeaDoo GTX DI Project ski

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

russellb

A few days ago I bought 2 SeaDoos on a double trailer. One is a running 2005 RXT and the other is a 2002 GTX DI. I feel like I got a decent deal because the trailer and the RXT were worth what I paid. The previous owner told me up front that the GTX DI did not run and it was locked up. If you try to start it clicks but won't turn over. I have pulled the spark plugs and filled with marvel mystery oil as I read somewhere it was good for breaking parts free. I tried again after a couple of days of letting the marvel mystery oil sit and still got the same results. I'm probably going to pull the jet pump next and see if there is a chance that the pump and not the engine is locked up. In the event that I have to replace the engine does anyone here have any experience with either SES or SBT engines? SES appears to have a better price but I have read elsewhere that there have been issues with turnaround time from them. Looking for advice on troubleshooting my "seized" engine and remanufactured engines. Thanks again.

SES builds a quality engine, but the turn around is a lot longer. SBT builds a solid motor and will have you on the water in 3 days. Both offer a 2 year no fault warranty which is hard to beat

I'll probably end up with the SBT engine because I want to be in the water before the end of June. I do want to rule out any other possible causes before pulling the engine though. Possible pump seized, something stuck in pump, etc. Next thing I'll probably do is crawl up under the trailer and try to rule out something being lodged in the pump. Next probably remove the pump. Anyone else with suggestions I'd be very happy to hear them. I'd love to get lucky and find a way to save the engine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back