2002 Seadoo GTX DI or 2005 RXP???

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
hello all!!

I am brand new to the PWC world!

I'm pretty close to pulling the trigger on a 2005 RXP and RXT with trailer for $9,000. Both with about 150hrs.

However, I just found a pair of 2002 GTX DI for $7,800 with about 155hrs on them.

What is the better deal? What questions should I be asking? I don't want to get ripped off so any help would be appreciated!

This is easy. Do NOT buy the DI skis. Bottom line, when they are running as they should they are fantastic skis. When they need repair, they are harder and MUCH more expensive to fix. We have help so many with the DI skis that we can normally figure the issue out pretty quick, but it will cost you more money and some special tools. For example, the fuel pump, which is a common failure, cost several hundreds of dollars.

The RXT-X and RXP are basically the same ski. The P is a two seater and the T is a three seater. I own two skis, one is a 209 RXT with the 255 engine. I can not stress enough of much I enjoy the ski.If it were me, I would buy the RXT as it is a bit larger, you can carry three people which means you can tow a tube or a skier legally. Now that I have re-read your post, I see you will buy both the T and P ski. Without a doubt that is what I would do.

You do need to know about the Super Chargers though. Until l200 they had ceramic washers in them. These washers fail and the parts fall into the engine. If you are lucky and catch this, you still have to pull the engine to do a major cleaning and removing of all the ceramic parts as the will harm the engine. If you don't catch it, you will be spending money in the form of engine repair. If the present owner says, "They were rebuilt in 2009 ect ect ect" It means NOTHING unless he can provide proof os the rebuild. Further, they are slated to be rebuilt ever 100 hours. Once they are rebuilt with the update kit, then they can go for 200 hours. Are the Super Chargers more of an expense? Yes, but the performance you get from them will put a smile on your face every time you ride it.

Thanks Coastiejoe!

I test rode the RXT and RXP already and both rode nice; however, the RXT needs it's plugs replaced so I am meeting the seller again to replace them and then test it again to make sure it is smooth.

He mentioned having at least one of the superchargers rebuilt within the last few years. i'll have to question that one more. One has like 135hrs on it and the other has 155hrs.

Again, thank you very much for your advice.

Mentioned vs paperwork. No paperwork then it didn't happen , even if it did,,,,

Plus, after a few years the squirrel cages get brittle and can break. So if they are over two years since a rebuild they need rebuilt. Our site charges $450. Try to get the skis at least that much cheaper as you will be spending the money.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you again. I am completely new to this world, but it sounds like these are solid skis to get; obviously everything needs upkeep and maintenance, but overall they are good ones?

I know he has some paperwork, he was flipping through it with my dad (who knows nothing about them either) as I was calling my wife. I'll definitely dig into that a bit more so i know what i'm facing.

The RX skis are PERFORMANCE skis. The later models have more goodies to them such as IBR (Intelligent Brake System) and what not. But the skis were built to GO. They are the fastest stock skis there are. I didn't know all this when I bought mine. I walked in to buy oil for my Polaris skis, walked out with two new Seadoo skis. So essentially my oil cost me $25,000. I sold my Polaris skis and have never looked backed. Here is a video of an RX racing a Ferrari..
https://video.search.yahoo.com/vide...&sigb=121hsv0f6&sigt=11o1kt9tv&sigi=1231qgv9l

I spend a lot of money on oil (XPS2), my next ski will deff be an RXP. Don't get me wrong I love my XP since it is pretty easy to work on but I have heard the DI's are harder to work on when there is an issue. Also you are talking about a big HP difference

I spend a lot of money on oil (XPS2), my next ski will deff be an RXP. Don't get me wrong I love my XP since it is pretty easy to work on but I have heard the DI's are harder to work on when there is an issue. Also you are talking about a big HP difference

Nailed it,,, But I am partial to the RXT personally..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back