2002 seadoo gtx coolant leaking and a seprate issue of smoking.Help advice wanted

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

leesteath09

Hi,any help advice would be greatly appreciated,recently purchased a 2002 seadoo gtx with 95hr on clock, took ski out and noticed it smoking at idle this is same on hose however with throttle on water this clears up,any ideas of what is causing this issue,also i have an issue were im finding coolants puddles just below the reservoir, I've attached pics to show,if anybody could help on either of these issues not sure if they are related but any help would be great.
20160831_145538.jpg
20160831_145603.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Rent/borrow a coolant pressure tester. Install it where the cap goes and fire the ski up. This will help you find where it is leaking from.

The "smoke" could be nothing more than steam. What color is the "smoke"?

Thanks for that i will give the coolant pressure tester a go,as for the smoke ive uploaded a video showing this here.

Thanks again [video=youtube_share;iAoSIO85YBI]https://youtu.be/iAoSIO85YBI[/video]

It does look like smoke. I have a RXT/X 255 and a GTX 155 and neither do that.

I agree. It does look like smoke.

1. Make sure ski is level and check the oil level on the dipstick. If it's higher than half way up the indicator zone, it might just be burning off the excess.
2. Pull your plugs and inspect them. Upload pictures of plugs if oil level was correct. Replace plugs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back