2002 Seadoo 4-Tec No Display Quick Question

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Noot

Hello I own a 2002 Seadoo 4-Tec and I drove it last weekend and the weirdest thing happened. I put the key key in like normal (double beep) then started it like normal. After a few seconds of driving it there was a long beep and the display just shut off but the PWC kept running so i brought back and shut it off. After I shut it off i put the key back in but no display appeared and there was another long beep. So i was so confused at this point of time. Then just to see, i put in a different key (the learners key that came with it) which makes the max speed 25. The display came on and double beeped and started up like normal just like that. Then i put in the original key that wouldnt work earlier and it started working like normal. I didnt want to risk anything so i brought the seadoo back to the boat launch but it got up to normal speed and drove great so i dont know what happened there but i was wondering if theres anything i should worry about for taking it back out or anything? If you can help me out that would be great thank you :)

I had this happen when I was building my boat with the same engine. My problem turned out to be that one of the wires in that square plug got pulled out a little, just enough to not make contact. THat long beep is to notify you that the ski detected a problem, and that problem is it can't communicate with the gauge cluster. Check the wiring.

I had this happen when I was building my boat with the same engine. My problem turned out to be that one of the wires in that square plug got pulled out a little, just enough to not make contact. THat long beep is to notify you that the ski detected a problem, and that problem is it can't communicate with the gauge cluster. Check the wiring.

This was going to be my guess too.
My cluster went out and would give the long beeps. Then it got worse and shorted out blowing the fuse. I unplugged the cluster and it runs fine.

Also Welcome to Seadoo Forum!

If you're blowing fuses, you might have a short, or a truly bad cluster. Resistance testing is in your future ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back