2002 Sea Doo GTX DI only 6400rpm

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

turbosl2

Friend picked up this machine. We just replaced the wear ring with a sea doo oem. Impellor has been changed before he got it to a Concord 15/20 as well. Impellor looks like new and the wear ring gap is only .00658517845613__891D95DF-CDC7-4B56-850C-E16D0621A94F.JPG

41mph on GPS At 6400rpm. Before the wear ring change when pump was less efficient it did 6600rpm and 37mph.

Rave valves slide freely.

Any ideas?

I know typically they recommend stock impellers on these machines. One thing I can tell you at 6400 RPM you should be getting a little more speed I get about 50 mph at 6500 rpm’s on my 200 2 GTXDI , however that is speedometer miles per hour not GPS. You might be surprised how A new carbon ring/seal could help your top end mph.

It has a brand new carbon seal as well. Prob 1hr on it. No leaks inside. GPS confirmed that speed. Speedo says 38. Maybe it’s the impellor not being stock! But it seems to be the most common one. 15/20

Last edited:
We didnt fully disassemble. Took the cap off and the main hose hooked up to the pipe. If i sucked on the hose to pull a vacuum the diapghram got sucked in, but if i blew through the hose it sounds like a leak.

Should i check the little air line instead. I looked for a procedure to test it without disassembling and the principles on how it should operate, couldnt find anything concrete.

If someone could explain which hose to apply a vacuum and pressure to so that i can ensure the bellows isnt leaking that would help.

You can't test the water valve with vacuum as it is always flowing some water.

Take the cap off and pull out the inner part, it should be a little hard to pull out. Then inspect the clamps and diaphragm for damage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back