2002 rxdi cooling system possibly plugged somewhere?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lagzalot

ok where to start..First off the SKI RUNS GREAT!!, reaches top speed, does not over heat bog down or anything, however yesterday i noticed the maintenance light pop up, and i couldnt figure out why, it popped up for 2 seconds then went away, and i rode it hard almost whole day...I figured it was just a touchy sensor or something because I couldnt feel a difference in performance at all..Today i started up the ski same maintenance light popped up for 1 min then went away, this time i was sure something wasnt right, i rode around for a few mins then I noticed something...which i figured was the problem.. one of the two holes on the port side, one being bilge i presume and the other being where the cooled water shoots out from the engine..ANYWAYS no Water was shooting out of that hole where it once did..I had ran the ski hard all day and no problems, i ran the ski around the dock and still no problems, engine remained cool. no performance issues or bogging.. what could be the problem? I plugged up hose with rocks or seaweed? a bad water pump? where should i start looking and any suggestions? should i hook up the ski to a hose and see if it comes out the back pipe and impeller? any troubleshooting techniques to test the pump to see if its shot or not? or start poking around hoses with something like a hanger..im not even really sure where to start only hose i know is the one that directly connects from the engine to the hull where the water exits..not even sure where the water pump is in this model..any help would be appreciated!

update: I also want to add that water is making its way into the exhaust, and shooting out of it through the clear hose as indicated in the video, just not coming out the black smaller hose the leads to the bleed out or exit cooling line.

I hooked up the ski to the hose, and water is shooting out the impeller and air compressor i believe! the 4 lines shown in the video are clear and i am able to blow threw them. Anyone have any suggestions as to why the ski is still plugged? or where else i should look for clogs..also do you think the water pump/regulator is working well because water is coming out the back and moving through some hoses..thanks

CLick HERE to see video!!:)

Since you have a plug... remove the hose that goes to the pee-hole, and see if the leak is just there. If it's not... you will need to remove all the hoses... one by one... and start checking them, and the engine parts for a plug.

So i resolved the issue, i shot compressed air into various black and clear cooling hoses and into the head exhaust pipe. where the blockage was exactly i do not know, but if anyone else has similar issues with this ski pertaining to cooling issues feel free to pm me, perhaps i can help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back