2002 RX DI Runaway

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys and gals,
I recently bought a 2002 RX DI and am having some issues with it. Took it out on the lake and was having some rpm issues. The ski wouldn't rev above roughly 4500rpm. Went back to the dock and put new plugs in and that didn't work. Did some research on here and ended up buying a new pump and filter setup from Highflow as it seemed like that was the favorite aftermarket setup. Installed it today and had to clean out the tank as one of the old fuel strainers had disintegrated and left little pieces of itself all over the bottom of the tank. Finished the install and buttoned everything back up and hooked the hose up to it and started it up. It was idling at about 3400 rpm (which seems to be the standard while on the trailer) and then it revved up to about 6500-6600 and the start/stop button would not shut it off as well as pulling the lanyard off the post. I'm scared to start it back in fear of blowing it up. It seems it might be from not having a load on the engine from what I've been reading on here but I haven't found much in the way of DI skis running away. Any help is appreciated! Thank you!

You may have an intake leak. Is your vacuum line from the engine to the rave solenoid connected?
Perhaps the idle is set a bit too high our your throttle cable is too tight. Check the simple stuff.

I am curious about a fuel injected ski running away. Once you pull the lanyard, the fuel pump should shut down and the only thing the ski can run on is the residual fuel in the line under pressure. Not sure how long the ski can run on that however but when that happens every second seems like a minute.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back