2002 gtx rfi issue with starting on water and bogging down

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

GTXRFI02

Hi all,

just after a bit of help with my seadoo gtx rfi 2002, basically when i have it out of the water on the trailer and run with the hose connected the ski starts and idles fine everytime , revs out to about 6900 rpm and sounds healthy, once i put it in the water sometimes it starts and reaches about 2500rpm and dies down with throttle pressed in full, sometimes it will run good but bogged down at about 5000rpm and then pickup again randomly and continue this pattern if i stop it may not turn back on, and sometimes i cant start it at all ,it may run for a few seconds and then turn off. as soon as its out of the water it starts right back up.

things i have tried by reading other peoples posts

-cleaning the rave valves
-cleaning the fuel tank and using fresh fuel
-fully charged battery
-removed waterbox and checked for blockages
-changed spark plugs
-compression test 155 in both cyclinders

appreciate any help or if you can point me in the right direction as to what i should be checking from these symptoms,

thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
I think your TPS sensor maybe off...you tried everything else. Throw a new set of plugs in just in case too...you never now.

Outside of that I would say dirty injectors, or maybe a intermittent fuel pump issue.

I think your TPS sensor maybe off...you tried everything else. Throw a new set of plugs in just in case too...you never now.

Outside of that I would say dirty injectors, or maybe a intermittent fuel pump issue.

I was just going to post the same thing. My 99 GSX did the same thing when it had a TPS issue. Mine was from some moron probing the amp connector with too big of a probe and splitting the terminals, causing them to have a poor connection.

check charging system, rfi's have issues with the rectifiers, verify your charging voltage at the battery

So just checked the voltage on the battery which is 12.50v When i turn the ski on the voltage sits on around 11v. Is this within the normal limits?

Yep rectifier seems to be the cause, have ordered a heavy duty one from osdparts, will let you know how it goes. Thanks for the help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back