2002 GTX-DI

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

ericallen41

Potentially going to look at two 2002 GTX-DI water-crafts. The owner is asking $3,000 for the pair with a trailer. He says one runs but has low compression and the other just needs a starter. Both have just over 200 hours. Both look pretty clean aesthetically and the trailer seems to be in good shape.

Obviously I need to be concerned about the low compression but do any of you that know about these machines think this may be a good deal despite the work that will need to be done? Are these pretty reliable machines if they have good parts in them?

Im new to the whole PWC community so any information would be great.

Thanks!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-05-08 at 9.24.00 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-05-08 at 9.24.00 PM.png
    810.8 KB · Views: 19
  • Screen Shot 2019-05-08 at 9.24.11 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-05-08 at 9.24.11 PM.png
    735.4 KB · Views: 19
That’s a horrible deal. The last thing you want to get into especially your first time is non-running DI seadoos.

Even if they are in good condition the most you should pay is $500 per ski and $500 for the trailer so $1500 total. There’s almost no decent resale value for them not in running condition.

Also they never need “just a starter “ that and “just needs a battery “ are the most common phrase uttered around here for a blown up ski. It literally has become a joke around here.

You really have to assume that they both need brand new engines at a minimum of $1,000 each plus any labor and odds and ends even if everything else is perfect.

Potentially going to look at two 2002 GTX-DI water-crafts. The owner is asking $3,000 for the pair with a trailer. He says one runs but has low compression and the other just needs a starter. Both have just over 200 hours. Both look pretty clean aesthetically and the trailer seems to be in good shape.

Obviously I need to be concerned about the low compression but do any of you that know about these machines think this may be a good deal despite the work that will need to be done? Are these pretty reliable machines if they have good parts in them?

Im new to the whole PWC community so any information would be great.

Thanks!

Assume the engines need to be replaced or rebuilt, at 200 hrs even if they did run it's on borrowed time for a 951 engine.

Big knock on value is they can be expensive and difficult to maintain because of being DI skis. Cosmetically exceptional would be the decision point for me, as I know first hand how expensive that can get. Check the bottoms out look for damage, etc, ask if he's got covers for them, as that can be easily $150 - $200 each to purchase.

Factor in that it's a steel trailer, looks so in pic, tends to be the bottom end choice compared to galvanized or aluminum.

From what I know and what you'd get into, I'd offer $1500 - $1700 for all of it, but would settle just under $2000 if they are exceptional cosmetically, everything is there, and you can get some decent OEM quality covers thrown in with it. But no way I'd do $3000, not even close.

You might get $3,000 for a pair of running DI's in excellent shape on a good day, doubt you could get near that with two blown motors that need replacing and who knows what else, jet pumps that need rebuild and new $$ fuel pumps most likely.

The DI should blow around 140psi in good condition, 130psi is getting weak but will still run, take a known good compression gauge with you. There's no hour meter on most of them, unless maybe they have the deluxe gauge package? 250hrs for a well taken care of 951 is claimed to be about the extent of it's capability before a rebuild is necessary, must send the injectors out for sonic cleaning and calibration.

The price of new skis is breathtaking.

Also those skiis aren’t 2002 di’s . Check last two numbers in vin for year. Maybe 2001 but hull design changed between 2002 and earlier years and that is the earlier hull (which I actuall like better). As said, they can be a money pit and not running aren’t worth much. For example, I bought a 2002 that ran well on the trailer, all gauges worked, and came with a double ski trailer in very good condition for $1200 total. Not running you have to assume the worst. Looked at a few that didn't run and owners said just need a battery. Jumped them with a battery pack and either they didn’t run or compression showed the engines were junk. Walked away. As it was, I still had to pit some money into my ski to get everything sorted out. In about $1500 with new pump wear ring, shaft seal, and rave solenoid that were damaged.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back