2002 GTX DI Wiring Harness

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

themarklar

Hello all, I have an issue with my ski, it starts but does nothing more then a rough idle. Took it to the dealer, they say it is a wiring issues, power not getting properly to the injectors. I have had it in there before for an electrical issue, they replaced some of the wiring on the harness and the stator. Now they say they cannot find the fault and need to replace the whole harness, part numbers 278001729 and 278001726. I found these parts on ebay, took them in but they say they wold not put them in as they do not look good. The reason I bough them on ebay is because they are about $1000 through the dealer. Should I risk installing the parts off ebay? What other options do I have? Where else can I buy these wiring harnesses in good condition? Also is this a job I can do by myself?

Any help greatly appreciated.

Thanks!!!

Well I have 3 hours of their labor to loose (about $300) I just dont want to have them do it and tell me I am in the same boat (or PWC :) as I was before and that in order to fix it I have to pay $1600 (their original estimate). I did not test the continuity.

So as an update, I purchased a brand new harness from the dealer, they installed it however the problem was still there. Then they told me it was the MPEM, got one of those, same problem. Now they say it is the throttle control sensor which is another $200. Not sure what to think anymore, sounds like this DI is kicking their ass and emptying my bank account. Any DI brains out there that know why I 2002 GTX DI wont rev up over a rough idle?

Not sure, it is at the dealer. I was thinking of asking them to check that just to be sure that was not the next thing to go. Do you think that might be the problem? What should it be? 130psi?

I will check it but something tells me that is not going to cause this issue. It was running fine then all of a sardine it died and then would start but not go over a roughish idle! Good thing because it would have been a LOOONG swim. I was hoping someone could shed some light on this extremely difficulty to troubleshoot machine. Hopefully when they figure it out this post will help someone and save them from the pain and suffering I went thru, I sure have benefited from other peoples posts so I will keep you all up to date. Any other input welcome :)

The "running fine and then all of a sudden died and ran bad after that" is EXACTLY why you need to know the compression is good. Something may have come apart inside. It's not unusual for someone to rebuild the top end of their engine only to have the bottom end give out a short time later. Especially a 951 engine. :cheers:

Yes, actually they are calling it throttle position sensor. The part is ordered and we are waiting to see what happens next :puke:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back