2002 GTX DI - Possible Jet Pump Issue

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

themarklar

Hi all,

I have a 2002 GTX DI, It always had an annoying rattle sound on idle but went away when throttled was opened. This past weekend I got it out of the water and started it when I revved it up the loud rattle did not dissapear. It sounds like it it coming form the back so I assume the jet pump needs to be rebuild? What are your thoughts? If this is the case where can I order one from so I can be back on the water this weekend? I also noticed it does not quite "pop" out of the water like it used to. Thanks for all your help! Happy riding!

IF the wear ring needs replaced or you think it needs replaced REPLACE IT! Last year I knew I needed one in my 01 GTX DI and kept putting it off and the darn thing came apart while ridding! the plastic part came apart and wraped around the impeller leaving me stuck on the river 10 miles from the trailer!! Lucky somebody came by and towed me back.... But I changed meself its really easy just follow the instructions in the DYI section of the forums.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back