2002 Challenger 2000 white smoke question

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

itzaaron

Hi all, first time poster here.

I purchased a used 2002 challenger 2000 Motor is the 240hp efi m2 jet v6. and the boat is running strong. I took it out and we had a great time. The second time we took it out however I noticed there seemed to be a little bit more white smoke out the exhaust than previously. My question is after the initial crank and a small amount of smoke, should there be any? I have read some people here say no amount of smoke should be "normal" but in my limited experience a small amount is acceptable in a 2-stroke? Also, seemed to have little or NO smoke at all on WOT. I was curious if the TPS was faulty wouldnt this cause additional smoke since the ECM would likely cause it to run rich at low rpms?

To sum up my main question is anyone with this boat, is a small amount of smoke acceptable? I just dont want to keep running the boat if there is a possible issue, to me it seems like an acceptable amount but I am a new boat owner and have very limited experience with boat engines. I could post a video if anyone would be interested xD Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back