2001 Seadoo utopia 210

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Twtherrien

Hello All,
I am new to the forum and new to being a boat owner. I have some specific questions, but also wouldn’t mind some general knowledge or information to get up to speed on the basic maintenance required etc. I have Hvac background and am mechanically inclined. Looking for installation guides or service manual

Overall my boat runs good. Had some issues when I first took her out. Changed battery, spark plugs, oil, gear oil( not in stator yet only front). Usually she starts up second or third crank. Once running she idles pretty low in neutral ( not sure exact rpm) almost to the point of stall and seems to run alittle rich. I’d like some information on how to adjust idle. Took it out Monday and had to crank it 5 or 6 times before she started. I was thinking because I hadn’t started it in 1–2 weeks. I usually alternate between choke and no choke. Not sure if the choke is working properly. Since changing the battery and plugs it usually starts on second or third crank, but this time I was nervous she wouldn’t start at all.

Background on boat is it was in fairly good shape no major dings or cracks, some hairline cracks in gel coat, needed upholstery on sundeck and new oil reserve tank cap. I need to replace one of the drain plugs, rubber boot covers for steering cable/reverse, and failing insulation in motor compartment.

Was a single owner boat local who I believe lived on the river- fresh water only
I have had her out 5-6 times and I’m hooked.

Any information for me to read up on would be appreciated. I’d like to be able to perform all the regular maintenance required rather than bring to dealer. I have owners manuals etc, but they don’t get into detail on procedures.

Serial number is OE394909
Model S-210J10YS

Thanks in advance, so much information on this forum. I appreciate it.

Located in Western Ma
Tom

Welcome.

You already learned the best thing... You don't want to take it to a dealer. LOL. There are manuals on this site, and you can download them if you become a supporting member. BUT, there are some of the Merc manuals out on the internet if you look around.

Since it's the carb engine... I would look at a leaky enriching valve. It's basically the choke, and feeds from the float bowls. When it leak... the cabs drain back through it. SO... not only is it flooded, and has to clear out... but the carbs have to refill too. Also... if it's leaking... it will run rich and the idle will be low.

As far as the general pump maintained... I posted a work book, and it's a "Sticky" in the top of this section of the forum.

Thanks DR Honda. I’ve been looking for manuals online and haven’t had luck. I just found installation manual yesterday, but looking for service manual for technicians.

I’ve been researching forums in regards to the enrichment valve and got me wondering. Seeing as the enrichment valve is electronic I need to research the wiring compartment alittle. My speedometer isn’t working only tachometer, the sensorbin back appears intact, I just checked the fuse for gauges and it is good. What is odd is I think there is a spare connector in the compartment under the cup holder. A buddy of mine noticed it unplugged but I didn’t want to mess with it as she was starting. The safety lanyard is not in place, it is a push in button. I originally thought that was the choke until someone told me about the key switch. I’m wondering if they were having issues with electronic choke and disconnected it which also disconnected the speedometer. I’ll try to take a closer look at wiring. Found this diagram in the installation guide and got me wondering what was actually done.

Attachments

• 96AD6DB9-4927-4538-AEB3-A83EBEFF8995.png
    96AD6DB9-4927-4538-AEB3-A83EBEFF8995.png
    329.9 KB · Views: 30
  • 61D9B4D1-90D4-4A85-B6AF-1C7DAFA4778D.png
    61D9B4D1-90D4-4A85-B6AF-1C7DAFA4778D.png
    239.4 KB · Views: 27
Your electrical is the first pic. The second pic is the "SmartCraft" system. That's (more or less) the Gen2 and Optimax engines.

If you noticed stuff disconnected... then look at that diagram, and figure out what wires they are.

The "Choke" on your engine is controlled by pushing in the key.

This is what your referring too right

Attachments

• 482B2ED3-36D4-494C-83FB-43EAEAF66C02.jpeg
    482B2ED3-36D4-494C-83FB-43EAEAF66C02.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 35
  • C5ECABD2-A3E7-46BA-B721-48F00C4742EB.png
    C5ECABD2-A3E7-46BA-B721-48F00C4742EB.png
    1,018.8 KB · Views: 32
I’m going to bring it to my friends lake this weekend, try resetting my enrichment valve and try to tune up idle alittle. If this doesn’t work then I will buy the new enrichment valve.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back