2001 SEADOO SPORTSTER NO SPARK !!

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Do It Again

Hello I bought a 2001 SEADOO Sportster 951cc and it had no spark. I gave did my fair share of research on the no spark issues and how to check for certain things. I have replaced the stator and trigger(oem), both coils(oem), NGK spark plugs(BRES8), Brand new battery, swapped out the MPEM w./dess key, plug wire caps(NGK), all fuses in mpem and electrical box and still no spark. Upon checking everything over several times. I tryed a test light in both primary coil wires(white ones) while cranking and no light up. Not even a flicker of light. So I know that power is not making it to the coils. Where do I go from here ??? Please help me. My kids are driving me nuts to get out in the boat. What can I do to get spark ??

Safety switch (at dess post ) or neutral safety switch might be bad , dess/lanyard problem , bad ground. I had a similar problem after changing out and reparing several things turned out to be a loose ground/and or wire. It was a long, somewhat expensive and irritating problem.

I was thinking the same thing about the dess post or key. But I get 2 short quick beeps and all gauges work and I can press the start and the engine turns over. Not too sure that's the problem. All grounds have been replaced with new wire and all are tight as well

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back