2001 seadoo challenger question

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

geoffc

Hi,
My challenger with the v6 merc jet drive 210 horse has been running strong for many years never had a problem with it. Yesterday while at half theottle the engine stopped. Tried to restart runs for a few seconds and shuts off. Pleanty of gas and oil. No recent work done csan hear the fuel pump with key on. Checked the kill switch connection seems ok. I am stumped any body have any Ideas?

Thanks

Any warnings, beeps, messages? I don't know this boat directly....but all basic troubleshooting steps would apply as we try to eliminate the possibilities.....need more info

Any warnings, beeps, messages? I don't know this boat directly....but all basic troubleshooting steps would apply as we try to eliminate the possibilities.....need more info
None it just stopped. was in gear at half throttle no sputter or running rough it was almost like it ran out of gas but has half a tank. I visually checked the tank not the gauge. Now it will start and run smoothly then just stop. I am stumped

I had the same thing happen to me, but was more at full throttle, it ended up being the lift pump was faulty.

I was trying t find a marina or boat shop to work on it but no one will touch itcalled 5 different shops . I even called a couple of Seadoo dealers and they stopped working on these boats also.. I am a pretty good mechanic but can't figure this out.

Thank you for the info. I found and replaced the fuel pump but it is still shutting off after a few seconds. Could there be another issue?

Thank you

Could be lots of other issues. Have you checked all the fuel filters? The is a check valve in the bottom of the tank that could be a problem. It sometimes clogs. Could be trigger base. Have you checked delivery from the second fuel pump?

It's a long haul for you but if all else fails you can go to Boat Works in South Windsor CT. They work on my 2000 Challenger 1800 210hp. They have good mechanics who troubleshooted my issues, rebuilt my carbs and fuel pump, etc. It costs extra for them to take the boat to a nearby lake to test it out under load, but I usually do that myself to save the $. Bill is the manager and George mans the front desk.

Could be lots of other issues. Have you checked all the fuel filters? The is a check valve in the bottom of the tank that could be a problem. It sometimes clogs. Could be trigger base. Have you checked delivery from the second fuel pump?
Thanks Tim
I replaced all the filters and I am getting fuel but the engine runs fine then just stops. Where is the second Pump is it in the vst?

2nd pump is slightly aft of the vast, tucked in close to the block. Driven by engine crankcase pressure vacuum pulses.

Oops. Wait a minute. What engine do you have.?

The 210 is a carb engine. It has no vst. The 240 is efi, and does have vst.

Geoffc, did you identify and fix the problem? I have a 2001 210 Mercury with similar issue. I’m in the process of rebuilding the carbs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back